I’ve rounded up 5 of the best spring event trends that are hotter than ever and make for stunning and on-trend yet classically elegant events. If we had to sum up all of these trends into just one phrase, it would be “brimming with personality”. Events are becoming more and more personalized to showcase the hosts’ style, character, and passions and we’re over the moon because that’s exactly what an event should be designed around to begin with! Although they’re trending this spring, you can bet that they’re sticking around for a long while and are completely adaptable for events in any season!
- Metallics. Gold is always on-point in my books, but rose gold and copper are really heating up this season! These can be incorporated just about anywhere as they’re practically as versatile as neutrals. Try it in favors, linens, flatware, bridesmaid dresses, or even cake decor!
- Wild, lush, seasonal flowers. I’ve been thrilled to see people leaning more and more towards locally grown flowers, in-season blooms, and especially the stunning loose and organic centerpieces and bouquets. It’s almost as if someone just went into a field, gathered up all the wild flowers and turned them into a drop-dead gorgeous arrangement.
- Eclectic table settings. Forget a traditional tablescape and instead try mismatched goblets, varying hues of stemware, or vintage china dishes in complementary patterns! Or even showcase those collections you’ve amassed scouring antique shops and flea markets. It’s such an easy way to accentuate your event’s character and ramp up your aesthetic with minimal effort and cost.
- Signature cocktails with a twist. Who wants one signature cocktail when you can have two (or five?!) If you’re having a signature cocktail at your wedding or anniversary, have two signature cocktails, one for you and one for your significant other! Or have signature cocktails themed around important places in your life like a Negroni from Italy or a Caipirinha from Brazil.
- Hand crafted & artisan pieces. In this fast-paced age of technology, I love that people are finding hand-crafted elements to incorporate into their events. Custom calligraphy on your paper suite and signage, small-batch locally brewed beer on-tap, and hand painted watercolor maps or caricatures are a few items I’ve fallen head over heels for recently.
Any other trends you’ve fallen for lately or want to see more of? Let me know in the comments!